CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Mall Parenting: A lesson for all

I have a confession to make.

I played Bingo with Maryam and Huda throughout my Parenting class in uni. Which was why, last friday, i failed in my so-called Ryzal (hereinafter will be referred to as B-jal) parenting.

B-jal and i were in OU last friday for some lust releasing sessions. hehe.

I nearly went bankrupt after that session. *sigh* But bankruptcy is SO MUCH BETTER than failure in parenting.

I was deemed to be a failure at it because B-jal and i were separated in OU. Yes. B-jal telah hilang dalam shopping mall and i suffered from the mother of all panics.

B-jal ran into the lift while i was busy searching through my more-like-office-drawer handbag. I was looking for the parking ticket. He went inside the lift, and the door closed; leaving poor little brat inside the lift all alone, and my freaking idiot self on the other side of the door. stupid lift. stupid button not working pulak when i quickly tried to press it open. Stupidness.

My heart fell right to my stomach. or lower. whatever.

I watched in horror as the digits on top of the lift door changes.



C'mon..C'mon..C'mon.. Move it you big fat kid-eater.

Cheeks hot, feet restless.

Then the lift goes up.



Tingggg... Door opened. B-jal-less.

My heart dropped to my feet now. or lower. whatever.

Knees weak, mouth cant speak.

Definitely a near death experience.

Nevertheless, i stepped into the empty lift, holding my tears back.

Hold it in, or you'll never be able to focus and find him.
Al-Haq, Al-Haq, Al-Haq.

Lift went down. I checked every single floor. No sign of B-jal.

Al-Haq, Al-Haq, Al-Haq.

Lift: Going up.

2nd floor. Door opened. B-jal stood outside the door, smiled at me, walked in casually.

***** standing there i didnt know what to say ****

I got a taste of parenting, at least. The bitter-sweetness of it.

You'll never realize how much you care for another human being until you lose that person. Even for a split second. For self-indulgence is only temporary. There's always one other person that you care about more than anything else in this world. In my case, 10 other persons.

Best lesson ever learnt. I am now a step closer to being a good parent. =p.

10 comments:

WonderMama said...

wicked B-jal!! haha

bout ur parenting skill....erm..no comment ;p

Muna said...

oy, doubting my parenting skills ey..? nanti u jadi aunty ann u tau la ape rasa kene put up with budak kecik punya rascality.

and you hate budak2. so ur seksaan is triple my seksaan. hehe.

BE AFRAID...BE VERRYYY AFRAIDDD...

Unknown said...

The moral of the story: don't go to OU.

WonderMama said...

don't go to OU? haha..dengar tu mira!

Anonymous said...

ahahaha. well, it's not your fault totally. but, in my humble opinion, one thing la. and this message goes to all.(cheh... tibe tibe buat public announcement... whatever)

1) PLEASE HAVE AN ORGANIZED HANDBAG/WALLET. you'll never know when it will make things easier. or worst.

2) BE COOL in shopping malls. whatever the situation or whoever you will see in front of you.

and yes, it'll definitely make you a better parent in the future. :p

Muna said...

erm. first of all, i cant believe my dad reads my blog! =p. haha. i think the moral of the story shud be: DONT GO TO OU WITH RYZAL.

mr. tchock: oh kau ni jepp rupanya. =p. haha.
thanks for the tips. i shall organize my handbag. i am already cool. i am gonnabe a good parent.

nak beli touch and go lah. senang tak payah gali2 for parking tiket. ish.

Anonymous said...

yes. touch n go is very senang. :D i've already applied once in OU... gile cool siaaa... and... haha. shh... sape la jepp tu ek? hmm...

Anonymous said...

will you be my sister/parent/nanny/bank?

just a humble request since bankruptcy does not matter to you. :p

Anonymous said...

woih... my heart dropped to my stomach while reading that thing juga... damn b-jal-less suspense..
sgt menggerunkan..

Muna said...

mill: no i will not.

dinie: u shudve seen my face. pale as ghost.