CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Respetos


The title of this entry is in Spanish, in hope for my blog to appear in the list when the Spanish google for the word 'respect'. Yea, fat chance, i know.

With the festive season coming, so do headaches and arguments about whether or not the Wan Utama should host a (grand) open house. Given the fact that we are fishes out of water when it comes to organizing social events because we dgad and we are people who rely on other people religiously; the Planning Division of the Female Department is faced with a lot of trouble. And by Planning Division I mean Me. Always Me. Not exaggerated enough. Alwaaaaaaayyyyyssssss Me. There.

But-
Because I failed to realize this dream last year, I am determine to get it done this time around because hey- I get to be all dressed to the nine and so will my mom (she enjoys only this part of the event, jangan tipu). haha.

The organizing has taken place, and check this- because this task is meant for mothers and makciks to do, i.e. because in other families, mothers are the Planning Division, but in Wan Utama, we have a deary, special, one of a kind mom; who wants to see results per se, someone has to do the dirrrty job kan?

I enjoy it, seriously. Except when these caterers start calling me Puan. Thank you very much, all of you just pronounced me as Wife, Mother, Makcik, Mak Ngah if u must. "Its like taking a bullet" Carrie would say. *sigh*

It is nevertheless a sign of respect. And I applaud you caterers for that. But sorry I have to reject your proposals. The Planning Division refuses to justify reasons for our rejection. Common sense will tell you, we are people who cannot afford your quotations. =p.

Now that we are in the whole respect area, and only 4 days away from Raya(!), I take myself to this year's 4th of June, when i paid my last respect to my dear friend, Salman. Salman was killed in a langgar lari accident and it shocked the entire SSP clan. Most of us were at his funeral and I let my tears fell during the talkin. I havent seen neither Salman nor the SSP clan for almost 12 years, and hey, who'd have thought God reunited us at this holy place that reminded us of our existence and our abolition.

This Hari Raya is a good time for all of us to pay our respects to our parents, siblings, relatives, colleagues and of course those who have left us.

Those down under will be very sad with the coming of Syawal as they will go back to their daily routine of being questioned and judged. How do we feel about the coming of Syawal? The total opposite, right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Those down under will be very sad with the coming of Syawal as they will go back to their daily routine of being questioned and judged. How do we feel about the coming of Syawal? The total opposite, right?"

I totally agree. I am too feeling a kind of sadness. As we get closer to Hari Raya, I see that many of us are forgetting that we are still in Ramadhan. There's so much more to gain in Ramadhan than in Syawal that it saddens me to think that everyone just want it to end as soon as possible. Example: radio stations just cant wait to play their Raya song as soon as it is allowed to (after the 15th day i think). Everyone is so hyped up with balik kampung, and bus tickets, and leave arrangements. Huh.

Muna said...

i am too feeling a kind of sadness for u for not being able to balik raya.. =((

but then again, we can still gain a lot in Syawal. Example: bagi duit raya kat budak2, buat open house & bagi org makan, bersalam-salaman bermaaf-maafan, and puasa 6! hehehe...

Anonymous said...

true, but those things shall be done in Syawal. why is everyone so busy thinking about Syawal in Ramadhan?

Muna said...

because we're human... =p

Anonymous said...

i love my syawal, that's for sure. because when we're "down under" nanti, there'll be no more syawal...or maybe there'll be a better version of syawal if we do good deeds while we're in this world...no need to be sad, your late friend's probably in a better place now... =D this world's so small and temporary and cruel, compared to our next life.

Anonymous said...

Oh ya...about the open house...hahahaha...don't give up, i know you can do it..puan muna/ ibu muna..hahahaha.

WonderMama said...

ade open house??? nak datang! nak rase food yang mira ORDER ;p

Muna said...

i just got informed by the party pooper of Wan Utama ie my mom that she has to go to school this saturday, so the open house might be postponed or cancelled.

PARTY POOPER.

PARTY POOPER.

PARTY POOPER.

No worries, maybe my dad will still proceed.

Anonymous said...

oh my god? seriously? whatever. i hope the open house will still be on because we're planning to do it at night, right?

Muna said...

after all those hard work and effort being put in, we always fail at the approval stage.

which should not happen because.... if it wasnt for the green light earlier, i wouldnt have started doing my job in the first place.

i am now passing over the job to you and ayah, u guys make a stronger team. I just cant do it alone.

Ilya said...

okay, i'll try. but with ayah as my teammate, i'm not sure...hahhahhahhaaaaa....