CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

rudeatude!

I often do one thing, and regret it almost instantly just to find a few days later, the silver lining starts to appear and demands me to acknowledge the fact that God Knows whats best for me.

Last Friday, at the Transmission briefing [i am in the electricity business now, bear with my electrified terms], i was the first to rush to the penthouse pantry for my morning tea break. As I championed the who-gets-the-roti-jala-first battle, I got a special invitation from the VIP to sit at his table. I quickly pulled two other girls to join me.

Sitting at the VIP's table was just plain dreadful. The roti jala was crazy delicious, but there was no way I could have roti jala tambah. D'oh!

But for every roti jala i lost, there were useful lessons given to us by the VIP. As someone who has grown successfully in his career, he told us that the most important thing for our survival in the workplace is to gain people's respect and trust.

And by gaining people's respect, he meant for us to initially respect other people first.

Okay, thank you... [there goes my kuih seri muka as the next briefing was about to start...]

While i was busy having regrets and pledging to myself never to rush into the pantry again, I encountered a classic example of a rudeatude person while watching SATC [for the 2nd time and is just annoyed when someone laughs out loud at the jokes to announce to people that i-so-get-this-joke, just like when I watched The Simpsons].

Truth be told, many Malaysians got CARRIEd away by the fact that this was an american series that they Must know and Must make known to people that they know, you know?

So back to this rudeatude bic whose cellphone did not ring or vibrate even once in that 3 hours and got so annoyed when mine did. Excuse me, some of us are Really Carrie Bradshaws and we do have boyfriends.

So she rudely interrupted the non-interrupting silent me by saying: Can you please just forget about your handphone???

This is a bic who does not deserve anyone's respect, because she does not respect others.

Silver lines outline a lot of things that is happening in my life now and I am blessed to have encountered many rudities as I begin to elevate to a whole other level from these experiences.

KJ tenkiuuuuu..... =p

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bagi penyepak je kat biac tu. bangsat betul! who is she to tell u to forget about ur handphone?? cilanat! kalau i jd u, i ambik gambar dia guna fon u tu, pastu letak kat blog nih. at least u ada dinie utk back u up time tu. kan?

Muna said...

i dont want ugly people in my blog. and by ugly i mean personality wise.

she must be a really miserable person to be stressed out while watching SATC.

lets give her a break.

*terbakarrrr*

Dinie Wan said...

KJ10Q

Anonymous said...

Ilya: yeah...give her a break...i mean, who knows, maybe she's one of the unfortunates of the world who got menopause at 20...no man to date, no husband to wait, no child to bear, no friend to share...

Muna said...

*gelak sampai pengsan*